Your shopping cart is empty!
What is Karaoke?
- Karaoke comes from the Japanese for empty orchestra. Karaoke allows you to deliver your vocal mix with the music background.
You would be able to switch between vocal and non-vocal (music only). It is a great music entertainment for you to practice singing and relax or release stress.
What is Vocal/Non-vocal function for?
- Vocal is music and original singer's voice. Non-vocal (Music) is background music only. Having this function will give singers to choose either singing with instrumental music only or with a singer's voice. It is very helpful for beginners or anyone who would like to learn new songs.
What is CDG?
CD+G (Compact Disc + Graphics) is different from a regular CD because it contains standard audio tracks that have graphics. However, CD+Gs do not have video running in the background when the song is playing. It only shows the lyrics on screen with a solid color background.
BM-2000 machine: We use "random background" (such as scene of nature/ animals/ ocean). Customer can switch to different scene by press "Background" button on Remote Control.
BM-3000 & BM-4000: They don't support CD+G files unless the file is already compressed into a music video file (such as vob., mpeg, wmv)
What is the difference of Amplifier and Mixing Amplifier?
- Instead of deliver sound directly to TV's speaker, amplifier is used to transfer sounds to speakers. Amplifier can gives power and better sound quality than using TV's speakers. We always suggest our customer to use a pair of home entertainment speakers instead of singing directly to TV. First, your outcome voice won't be delayed much comparing to directly connecting to TV and you can protect the speakers on your television.
- Mixing amplifier can deliver the depth and dynamic of your voice to the system, so you can have nearly full control of your outcome voice. Indeed, basic amplifier can let you control echo, key, lower sound feedback for each individual microphone input. With mixing amplifier, you can control the volume of the music, and give the bass more power if you have a good pair of speakers.
What is Mixer?
- Mixer is used to control your microphone outcome sounds. There are echo, delay, tremble, base, key control on the mixer for you to manually adjust according to your needs.
- For more details about mixer/mixing amplifier: please see Section 02 - Advance Home Entertainment Set up
Why there is No sound from Mic when using HDMI?
- Please note that the HDMI video and audio´s content are digital, while audio information (L/R) of AV component are analog. The audio from your microphone is also analog and therefore it cannot transfer the sound from microphone to the HDMI output. (refer to table below)
Cannot transfer sound through HDMI
analog, able to transfer sound
Please note that most of Karaoke Player´s HDMI in the market are the same. The purpose of HDMI is to provide better video quality, and sound because it is made for home theater, unfortunately it is not specified for singing/karaoke. Therefore, we suggest customer to use AV in order for microphone successfully transfer your voice into the system.
Other option: To enjoy HDMI High Definition video quality, you may consider of getting an Amplifier/Mixing Amplifier.
Having an Amplifier and Speaker system will also protect your TV´s speakers. Amplifier / Mixer are professional made for controlling the volume of Music as well as your sound (from Microphone). These devices can balance your sound before deliver your sound to the speakers. In contrast, when your sound is directly transfer from Microphone to TV´s Speakers, if the sound is too loud, your TV's speakers may be damaged
Questions about Best Media's machine
Can I delete songs that are already loaded in the Hard Drive unit?
- Yes, you may delete ANY song that is loaded in BM-3000 or BM-4000 by yourself. Any removal of the music will be permanent.
- Note: BM-1000 & BM-2000 don't have the function of deleting its loaded songs.
Can I connect the hard dive directly with a PC?
- Every hard drive is pre-formatted before we store it in the unit. Therefore, it is not recommended for users to hook up the hard drives directly with a PC. It can damage the preloaded software.
Can I just purchase a blank hard drive and put it in the unit?
- Sorry, every hard drive is pre-formatted before installing it into the unit. If you are interested in getting a Second hard drive, please contact your nearest dealer or us directly.
- Other option: you can purchase your own hard drive and bring it to our office for Formatting service (Fee applied). However, we do not offer warranty for that hard drive because it is not purchased from us.
What happens if the unit cannot read the hard drive?
- To protect your warranty, please do not remove the screws and open the machine. Please contact customer support at 909-348-5558 or email@example.com. Thank you.
Why does remote control not respond to BM-2000?
First, press any button on the remote, and check if the red light on the remote is flashing.
- If no flashing, please change new batteries and try again. The remote control may run out the battery. If its red light still not flashing, the remote may be broken.
- If it is still flashing but no respond with BM-2000, it is possible your machine needs to update new firmware, which is required the machine to be sent back to our office for firmware update. Please contact us at (909)348-5558, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which models are discontinued?
- Our latest product is BM-4000. We still provide repair service for BM-1000, BM-2000 and BM-3000.
- Other Discontinued model: BM-3000, BM-2000, and BM-1000
- We only carried U-Best DA-168, U-Best DA-268, U-Best DA-368. However, we only have limited parts for repair these models. Please contact us for more details. Note: we do not carry other U-Best Model other than DA-168, DA-268 and DA-368.
Where can I find User's Manual for Discontinued model?
- Home > Service > User Manual > select device model
Where do I find New song List of BM-4000, BM-3000, BM-2000, or Discontinued model?
- Home > Service > New Song List > select device model
- or visit bmkaraoke.workpress.com > Home > New Song List > select device model
I have no idea about KTV system, where can I find information about setup or connection for Whole KTV set before I purchase the products?
- Check out : Basic & Advance KTV Setup
- BM-4000 Details Setup - includes diagrams and general ideas of connecting Amplifier, Mixer, KTV, and Microphone.
Where can I get help after office hours?
For technical support: please visit bmkaraoke.wordpress.com for BM-4000, BM-3000, and BM-2000 question. Tutorials are written in English and Chinese.
- You can also email your question at email@example.com or contact us at our office hours.
Questions about Warranty & Return
What is Defective item?
- Defective item is product with manufacture defect under normal use from the date of original purchase. There is manufacturing error that prevent normal use of item per manufacture guidelines.
- Defective item is covered under Warranty (often 1 year from the date of purchase). Receipt is required as proof of date of purchase. Please refer to Warranty Policy.
Which country warranty covered?
- Only the United States. No warranty coverage out of the United States
Do I have to pay return shipping fee during Warranty period?
- During warranty period, Best Media will only ship back the item to you. It is your responsible for ship the item to our office. We recommend you to carefully pack your item and insure your package to prevent any delivery damage. Best Media is not responsible for any damage caused by delivery. If you are located or visit near Los Angeles Area, you can bring the product to our office.
Who pays return shipping fee for defective item, or repair service, ?
- Defective item: it depends. Please refer to Defective section on Return/Exchange policy here
- Repair service: yes, buyer / user is responsible to ship the item to us.
Why does damaged VGA cable not covered under Warranty?
- If VGA cable is damaged due to human error, such as forcefully connecting the cable leads to the pins on the VGA's head fall off or damaged, Warranty does not cover.
- If VGA cable is defective (no mark of abusive use, no scratch on the surface, no damaged pins or on VGA's head), under warranty policy, we will exchange another cable for you. Buyer needs to ship defective item for us to check first, and buyer may have to pay return shipping (depend on situation, please review Defective return/exchange policy here). To be covered under warranty, please keep your receipt and contact us for RMA number.
Why there are shipping cost charged on my Free Shipping item?
- For Return: Any order with Free Shipping, a regular shipping fee will deduct from Refund Amount. Click here to read Full Return Policy.
What condition of item is accept for Return/Exchange?
- All Return or Exchange item must be in its original condition (as it is sold), and shipping box with all manufacture accessories, such as cables, manual, etc. If item is returned with missing accessories or damaged, damaged fee or restocking fee will be deduct from Refund amount.
- Best Media is not responsible for damaged return or items lost in transit.
If I purchase more than 1 quantities in a discount price, can I return partial item?
- Yes, however, that order cannot be considered as discount price anymore. The item will be charged as it regular price.
- Windscreen cost $14/ each set, if customer buys 2 sets, the cost is $11/each set (discount price). Shipping is $5
- If customer A bought 2 set of windscreen, he paid total $27 ($11 x 2 + $5). If he returned 1 set of windscreen, he will only receive $8 for refund.
- Calculation: $27 (the total he paid) - $14 (regular cost of 1 set) - $5 (shipping) = $8
If I purchase a whole set of KTV system (with Amplifier & Microphone), can I return or exchange partial item?
- Yes, however, that order cannot be considered as bundle/ package deal anymore. We will use item's original price to calculate the difference and this fee will be deduct from the Refund amount.
*Note: Free gift will also be charged from the Refund amount, because gift is only free for the Package deal.
For exchange: Buyer may request for exchange certain Bundle item (A) to another item (B). However, that item (B) will be charged as its original price because it is not listed in the same Bundle Package. Buyer will pay the difference of the item and shipping cost.